Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods - I decided to edit my old form I found in the depths of my computer, I hope that's okay. Anyways, here it is! Let me know what you guys think needs to be changed. I just made up the name

** Official ** Swimmin' Swap Meet Information, Sign-Up & News
This will be the OFFICAL Swimmin' Swap Meet (quarterly swap meet/trick-or-treat/secret santa) board. Contained in this board you will find information regarding to (quarterly swap meet/trick-or-treat/secret santa) board. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me, Flint on TropicalFishKeeping or Bettafish.

~~~~insert illustration here~~~~
(I am working on this, I have it drawn up, just need to get it into the computer and edited)

** If you are interested in signing up for this, please read the entirety of this thread and fill out the form posted below! **

Everyone participating will be grouped by the country you live in to the best of my ability. If you are the only person in a country, you must be willing to ship abroad and will be matched with someone who can do the same.

YOU are responsible for any and all shipping charges and fees.

Please do your best not to chat on this thread, we would like to keep it as clear as possible for ease of getting updates and the like. Chatting can be done on the Swimmin' Swap Meet board here.

How Your Gifting Partner Will Be Chosen;

Countries that have more than two users will have their names put into a hat and drawn at random by me. The first person's swap-partner will have a name drawn for them and so-on. The last person in this chain will be swap-partners with the first person to be drawn. Here's an example:

There are 5 users in Spain. I put everyone's name in a hat and draw Bob.
Bob is now person #1.
I reach in and pull out another name. This time, it's Cherryl.
Cherryl is now person #2.
Again, I draw a name - Kendra.
Kendra is now person #3.
Carl's name is drawn next.
Carl is now person #4.
Lastly, Moe is drawn.
Moe is now person #5.

Bob will be Cherryl's gifter.
Cherryl will be Kendra's gifter.
Kendra will be Carl's gifter.
Carl will be Bob's gifter.

So, conclusively;
1 -> 2
2 -> 3
3 -> 4
4 -> 5
5 -> 1

I hope this makes sense.

Acceptable Gifts and Gift Rules;

Gifts must be either hand-made or store-bought items/art. Absolutely no live animals or plants. If you do not have the means to make something or purchase something, please do not send in your form. There are parameters for the cost of the items - $5-$15. No more, no less. We want to keep this fair, everyone.

You may send either one large gift or two-three small gifts. Whether you send two or three small gifts depends on the nature of said gifts. If you have any questions, please, PM me. I will get back to you as soon as I can. (Within 8 hours of the message)

A list of acceptable gifts is as follows;

LARGE -

- Painting/Drawing
- Betta Buffet Pellets
- Ornament (tank or otherwise)
- Sculpture

SMALL -

- Azoo Palm Filter
- Small tank ornament
- Leaf Hammock
- Mirror
- Thermometer

These are just general guidelines so you have an idea of what a large and small gift are. Again, if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Dates and Deadlines;

The nearest Swimmin' Swap Meet requires shipment before Month 00th, 2014. To be included in this Rendezvous, please submit your information by Month 00th, 2014. Names will be drawn on Month 00th, 2014.

(note for mods - names drawn the day after the submit date and shipment is required by two weeks following the date the names were drawn, excluding that day)

Participation Form;

Please send this form to Flint on Tropical Fish Keeping or Bettafish.

Username
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Can you ship abroad? Yes or No
Your (1) fishes name, gender and photo:

I, (insert name here) understand and agree that I am responsible for any and all shipping fees, will ship in the correct packaging and once I submit this form, I am required to follow through with my commitment. I am required to have my item shipped in time to meet the Month 00th, 2014 deadline.

Thank you all and remember - let's have fun!!
Flint

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Good job, well written... We'll talk about it in Modland and let you know what we think!

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but how does Moe receive a gift (assuming only 5 participate)? Shouldn't Carl gift Moe and Moe gift Bob?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts