Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you asked for it so here it is! this is the beginning. this is all I have done so far.

cheap very... kinda of sad I didn't get black sand but I saved!

black obsidian.

now I have a question after all the pics :p now since im using dirt. can I use the same set up for lighting as my other tank (2 48in t8 bulbs) or should I up the light?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Have you checked out Black Diamond Blasting sand? It's pretty cheap, although I'm not sure how safe it is for substrate dwellers.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i looked in to it. its made right down the road from where i live. i wanted it but if in the future i might want some bottom buddies so i got the play sand.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
yeah i looked in to it. its made right down the road from where i live. i wanted it but if in the future i might want some bottom buddies so i got the play sand.
Wise decision.

And, yes in answer to your earlier question on light.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup: im not sure what kind of plants I want to put in there yet. def some swords, corkscrew vals, dwarf watter lettuce. unsure on the rest tho!

·
Registered
996 Posts
The different sections look cool:) cant wait to see how it comes along. Do you have plans for fish yet?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive mostly been looking into plants as of right now but i know as for fish im def going with a shoal of cardinal tetras but im not sure on anything else yet. ive been thinking about a whiptail catfish too i really really like these dudes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is my view every moring!

i got started on planting a couple plants last night. i think tonight or tomorrow ill be picking up some more.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
what a lovely view in the morning :-D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got some more plants in this weekend. more jungle val, some type of anubias, red ludwigia, Staurogyne repens, and some weird super curly plant. i have not a clue what it is. maybe someone can id it ? its an awesome sight! :) i feel like it missing something tho maybe...

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
very nice, and i like the build up on the right hand side of the picture
on the bottom .:-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts