Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Liquid drops are more accurate and, over time, less expensive. The API Master Kit seems to be the kit of choice for TFK members.
YO!! Great to see you!

It's the kit of choice for a lot of people. One thing the API kit does not do is differentiate between ammonia and ammonium. If that's important, then there are other types of kits that can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YO!! Great to see you!

It's the kit of choice for a lot of people. One thing the API kit does not do is differentiate between ammonia and ammonium. If that's important, then there are other types of kits that can.
Thanks I'll be getting the API Master kit tomorrow. How do you feel about vitamins for fish? Specifically Boyds Vita Chem. Good idea or a waste of money?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I feed NLS thera A, which is fortified with vitamins and other good things. I don't use vitamin additives - I don't think it's necessary, but that doesn't mean that there's no benefit to doing so. There are A TON of variables that contribute the health of the fish - getting or not getting vitamin additives is not very high on my list of big influences on the fish's health.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feed NLS thera A, which is fortified with vitamins and other good things. I don't use vitamin additives - I don't think it's necessary, but that doesn't mean that there's no benefit to doing so. There are A TON of variables that contribute the health of the fish - getting or not getting vitamin additives is not very high on my list of big influences on the fish's health.
Thanks for the feedback. I've used Vita-Chem before and I didn't notice any difference in the fishes health/appearance. I'll look for the NLS TherA. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts