Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a clown loach and a RTS get along? as long as both are introduced at the same time and each have a hiding place....

·
Banned
274 Posts
i dont know what an rts is but clown loaches can go with basically anything i saw one in with a figgen huge arwanna today

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RTS = red tail shark.

i hope they can get along because i was hoping to get them this upcoming week.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
What size is your tank? RTS are aggressive. Not recommended to be mixed with loaches.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 29G. i have 1 RTS in my 20 and he isnt aggressive as of yet.

i was hoping that by introducing them at the same time that i wouldnt have as many problems.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I'd recommend the smaller species. Botia almorhae, Botia kubotai, Botia striata and Botia rostrata. Clowns may be slow growers but it is best not to keep them in a tank smaller than 55 gallons.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blue said:
I'd recommend the smaller species. Botia almorhae, Botia kubotai, Botia striata and Botia rostrata. Clowns may be slow growers but it is best not to keep them in a tank smaller than 55 gallons.

in general terms.... what are those? lol sorry i dont know any scientific terms.

my goal is to have a 55G tank by next spring... hoping that i have a more permanent place to live instead of this college bouncing around business. we moved last month and have to again in august.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I'd rather you stick with the smaller species provided your RTS does not try to bully them.
Botia almorhae-Yoyo Loach
Botia striata-Zebra Loach
Botia rostrata-Twin-Banded Loach
Botia kubotai-Angelicus Loach

When doing searches, use the scientific names. Oftentimes, common names can confused your searches.:shake:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i liked the yoyo loaches, saw them at the LFS. pretty cool looking fish.

thanks for the info blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts