Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone helpme my tropical fish tank keeps going misty? clean filters every 2 weeks! still same result?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
How are you cleaning your filter?
What size it the tank, what fish are in it, what substrate do you have, do you have live plants, and if so, how many?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Oh my gosh.. I'm so sorry. I clicked on the "unanswered" and answered this without noticing it's in the salt water section.. hehe. :lol: My bad. I can't help. x.x

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi Frank when you say misty is it a white hazy look or does it have a green tinge to the water. You mentioned tropical fish so I am thinking that this is a freshwater setup? Also how are you cleaning your filters? As asked how old is the tank, how long has it been running? Is the water misty all the time or right after water changes or in between water changes. More information is needed to try to help you figure what is going on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
over feeding will make your water hazy
what do your water perimeters look like

·
Registered
168 Posts
do you have fine sand? i do and if my power head is pointed down at all it starts to kick up sand and make the tank cloudy. Also i have a diamond goby that sand sifts and just from that my tank can get cloudy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts