Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am about to buy aquarium thermometer and hydrometer. do you have any sugestions regarding this matter, what brand will i buy, do i really need this in my 50 gallon reef tank?

please advise guys.

thanks.

frank

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i think top fin would go fine but if you want one with saltinity and stuff on it then thats a diff co. thats called a monitor

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
franklinr_casedo said:
and what about plug with timer? do i really need that?
That's only optional. If you feel the need of it, then you go on buying it.:thumbsup:
Internal mercury thermometers are your best bets for accurate measurement, not external ones which are easily influenced by room temps. Place your thermometer away from the heater.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
franklinr_casedo said:
thanks blue, do you think cartimar has it? and how about hydrometer?
I did see Cartimar's selection as vast but as I didn't stay too long there during my vacation, I can't really say much about their selection but they should be stocking thermometers. Every lfs should have thermometers.

Hydrometer is required as this helps you measure the salinity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will inform you as soon as i have the hydrometer and thermometer. am planning to buy it this friday nyt. hope you are always there until the set up of my tank.
a million thanks always.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Sure, Frank.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey blue, i just contracted a girl named cathy from quezon city, to deliver a 50 gallon tank with stell stand for only 1000pesos only. i saw the advertisement in buy and sell. do you think it is a good idea?
please advise,please please

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
franklinr_casedo said:
hey blue, i just contracted a girl named cathy from quezon city, to deliver a 50 gallon tank with stell stand for only 1000pesos only. i saw the advertisement in buy and sell. do you think it is a good idea?
please advise,please please
Nice bargain.:thumbsup: Just make sure the tank doesn't leak. Test the tank for leakage by putting in water for 4 hours. If it hasn't leaked for 4 hours or more, then it's leak-proof.:)

·
Banned
750 Posts
Find out the thickness of the glass. Allot of times, builders use thinner glass to lessen the expense. It will retain water, but you will not know for how long. You can usually notice alot of bowing near the center when the tank is full of water.

Regarding thermometers, I'm not sure if it's popular there or not, but I like using Lifeguard Big Time and Temp Alert on all my tanks. It's big so you can see the temp at a distance and there is an alarm, so if the temp goes below or above the range that you set, the alarm will go off.

Timers are commonly used for lights.

A wooden stand is nice, but make sure it looks strong. And if you're area is prone to flooding, then you might look into other materials. I know some people here just use cinder blocks for stands, since it's cheap.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
crazie.eddie said:
Regarding thermometers, I'm not sure if it's popular there or not, but I like using Lifeguard Big Time and Temp Alert on all my tanks. It's big so you can see the temp at a distance and there is an alarm, so if the temp goes below or above the range that you set, the alarm will go off.
Thermometers are indeed popular here. The only problem is that most are of low quality and may not actually work.:dunno:

Frank, sorry to not answer your question earlier as I had to run off for my schedules. Eddie did say everything you need though.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
51 Posts
i have a 75 gallon tank and do not use any chillers or heaters. the water temperature is always at 40 degree Celsius. is that ok ? or do i need to cool it or heat it ?

here are the fish that resides on my 75 gallon tank

also i have a wrasse and another anemone that is not in the pictures above

1 - 16 of 16 Posts