Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to this place, and one of the reasons I joined was because I am getting back into the hobby. I've had several successful tanks, but I've taken a BIG break. I wanted to start back small, and I am going to start cycling a ten-gallon tank this week. While I am nowhere near getting fish, I would like to tell you what I plan on, you guys can tweak, and I'll conclude. So, I know I want a Dwarf Gourami, 6 Pygmy Cories, and a Bridgesii Snail. I don't know if I'd be overstocking if I added a school of tetras.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Tim...

i would chose a larger tank, say 30 gallons. The larger the tank the better your chances for success in keeping the fish healthy. The water in a small tank can change quickly and changes of this type are usually fatal to aquarium fish.

M

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is a nice setup. With a school of 6 - 8 tetras you would be fine. I feel like green tetras would fit this setup nicely too and then you could get away with a little bit bigger school since they're so small.

If you really want gourami that's what I would go for, otherwise you could swap gourami (especially if you'll keep live plants) for an even bigger group of tetras, or even do some mix like neons or cardinals + harlequins. That way you'd also have a good ratio of top/mid/bottom dwellers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts