Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...um/my-new-tank-setup-pics-435426/#post4894178

Previous Thread^^

My tank has had 8 xray tetras since July 30th it is a 30gal Oceanic Cube I have done 1 5 gallon bucket water change every week since the 3rd week. Fish are active swimming around a few chasing each other, but doesn't look like anything damaging. They are getting more and more use to feeding and all but 2 of them come up to the surface to grab food while I am around.(Other 2 wait for filter to push it down into the tank) The fish seem fairly comfortable and will come up to the glass now while I am close.

My question is did I cycle my tank? Can I add more fish :D? I poured 2 bottles of safe-start in over 3 weeks. I took the filter out and drenched it in safe-start and poured it inside the filter all over as well since that's where bacteria develop. The fish are still alive after a month and 2 weeks so that's also a plus. I also put some dead coral from my buddies cycled tank into mine before I added the fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.