Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 75 gallon. Coming along. :) Keep adding new stuff. Added 2 PJ Cardinals, that someone was selling on CL. I think I need to add one more to the school. Agree? Have pulsating Xenia on back wall, added a large cabbage leather. Gallaxia? frag and more zoas. Frogspawn is growing fast! See what else you can spot:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats on the two PJ cardinals! I have one that i started with. bought a second one but it seems like my original killed it >.> he's going to be the lone ranger for a while xD

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nice looking tank!!! stupid question...how did you get the xenia to attach to the wall of the tank. LOVE that!

Use super glue, but make sure you get the "gel" type. Just put some of the Xenia and attached to glass. I also put a piece on my overflow box. Hoping one day it covers the back area.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the two PJ cardinals! I have one that i started with. bought a second one but it seems like my original killed it >.> he's going to be the lone ranger for a while xD

I bought the 2 PJ's from someone off CL, and the tank was being broken down. I couldn't see them well, because they were in a bucket. Later saw their tail fins were tore up a bit. I asked the person about that, and she said she really didn't know about it, but they chased each other all the time. I see they do sometimes chase, but don't nip. I also considered perhaps poor water quality in their last home. This is why I'm wondering if 3 is a better number to minimize this behavior. Sorry you lost one. Who would think these guys are at all aggressive!:shock:

Gwen

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I really liking your tank!
I now so want a SW and have a reef similar to yours :D
Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really liking your tank!
I now so want a SW and have a reef similar to yours :D
Thanks for the pics!
I never would have dreamed I'd have a SW tank. I was "scared" of them. I still have my FW tank, but once the fish die, I'll probably get rid of it, or turn it into a SW.:-D SW is very addicting. I love the corals, almost more than the fish. It's expensive to set up, but in many ways it's easier than a FW tank. With my FW tanks, I do a water change every week, to keep my nitrates at 10ppm. My first SW tank, I had a HOB filter on, and was struggling with nitrates. Upgraded to another tank, which is drilled with a refugium and skimmer underneath, and bought more live rock. Definately get a drilled tank and stay away from filters that are just traps for nitrates. My tank has been running now for 7 weeks, and I've still not done a water change, and still have 0 nitrates. :-D Lovin' it!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I never would have dreamed I'd have a SW tank. I was "scared" of them. I still have my FW tank, but once the fish die, I'll probably get rid of it, or turn it into a SW.:-D SW is very addicting. I love the corals, almost more than the fish. It's expensive to set up, but in many ways it's easier than a FW tank. With my FW tanks, I do a water change every week, to keep my nitrates at 10ppm. My first SW tank, I had a HOB filter on, and was struggling with nitrates. Upgraded to another tank, which is drilled with a refugium and skimmer underneath, and bought more live rock. Definately get a drilled tank and stay away from filters that are just traps for nitrates. My tank has been running now for 7 weeks, and I've still not done a water change, and still have 0 nitrates. :-D Lovin' it!
So you would say sump is better! :D Well thats good, my hermie tank ATM has a drilled hole in it! So when I move out and hopefully do a DIY hermie tank, my 4 foot sucker is turning into a reef!
Thank you so much :-D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you would say sump is better! :D Well thats good, my hermie tank ATM has a drilled hole in it! So when I move out and hopefully do a DIY hermie tank, my 4 foot sucker is turning into a reef!
Thank you so much :-D
Good luck. Sounds like a fun project. Your main tank has to be drilled too, but I'm sure you can figure that out. I don't think I could :lol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I never would have dreamed I'd have a SW tank. I was "scared" of them. I still have my FW tank, but once the fish die, I'll probably get rid of it, or turn it into a SW.:-D SW is very addicting.
Story of my life. My fiancee has been asking for me to setup a saltwater tank for about a year now and I was just to scared to do it. Had mine up for months and all ive lost is a PJ cardinal. The only FW tank I'm ever keeping up now is my nano tank :-D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Good luck. Sounds like a fun project. Your main tank has to be drilled too, but I'm sure you can figure that out. I don't think I could :lol:
Yes, But it may take a lil while, but when it does, I was it to be like yours :D
my 4 foot tank is hopefully going to be the main tank.... And then just get a tote for a sump :D Quick, and easy - just have mini totes for each compartment...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, But it may take a lil while, but when it does, I was it to be like yours :D
my 4 foot tank is hopefully going to be the main tank.... And then just get a tote for a sump :D Quick, and easy - just have mini totes for each compartment...
Yes, you could do that. I just love having nothing hanging off the back of my tank :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just love how that xenia looks on the wall of your tank! both of my tanks have a black wall on the back. i'm thinking a little frag of xenia glued there will be kinda striking! thanks for the info. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts