Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 15g high fully cycled tank with aquasoil/sand substrate, planted HC, and a large piece of driftwood with a java fern attached. My Fluval 50 cycles at 200gph. Overkill, but that's the way I like it.

Current occupants are a Flame Dwarf Gourami, 5 Glowlight Tetras and 5 red cherry shrimp. I was wondering if I could include a male and female killifish gardneri. Would they be compatable with the dwarf gourami?

Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi there, I dont see why you would have a problem. Gourami's are generally peaceful fish. Most kiillifish dont have long fins that the gourami may want to munch on. I have read they are actually very good tank mates. Hope i helped, goodluck :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
The only thing that worries me with this is that killies and gouramis are both often found at the top of the tank, so there may be some bickering. But it should still be fine.. My mom has a honey Gourami and killi together without issue, though honey gouramis are usually a tad more peaceful than dwarf gouramis.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The only problem is the gourami will eat some of the shrimp. Also with such a powerful filter (that is how i like it 2) the gourami is probably more in the middle anyways, right? So long story short, yes u can get a pair of killifish gardneri.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.