Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep my betta in a bowl. ( a 7.00 betta bowl) they say its mean and he needs a bigger bowl.. but its better than him being in a cup to die at walmart.. he has live plants, meals, he is trained.. i think hes fine! he isn't sick... he gets regular water changes. what do you think? (getting a bigger tank soon)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Well there are just so many different opinions... no matter who you talk to. I or any other Mod won't tell you not to keep him in so small a tank. "so small a tank"... can you hear where I'm headed? lol.
From my experience, and my values, I try to give my pets the biggest home I can while they are in my care. I feel I have a responsibility to do so. My Betta get a 10 gallon tank all to themselves alone. But I respect that not all people do that. I have a god-daughter who had to take her Betta to College and was only allowed a 2.5 gallon due to the rules.
I have also had a 45 gallon tank cycled sitting empty and put a Betta in and he swam that tank like he owned the ocean. Ever since seeing a Betta do that... I don't have the heart to put one into a small tank. That is just me. The exception was the College Betta cause I knew she would be lonely and would need her Betta as company.

What size tank are you thinking of? If you want to see the 45 gallon.... check out my Aquarium tab to the left <-------- and look at the one titled "Old tank"... pics with a dog watching the tank. It was a 45 tall and ONE Betta lived in there alone. Yup... nods head!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts