Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just caught some tadpoles and added them to the tank. Thought it'd be cool to whatchamacallit them develop. I'm pretty sure they are bullfrog tadpoles, due to their size, bout three inches!! Are there any pros or cons to having tadpoles in the tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
They eat algae, pretty dirty tho in my opinion.... I don't see why watching them grow up and letting them go later could hurt..... But once their frogs you need a 125 or bigger to house them right so thats why its best to let them go at that point

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i love watching tadpoles develop,please keep us updated with pics :-D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They eat algae, pretty dirty tho in my opinion.... I don't see why watching them grow up and letting them go later could hurt..... But once their frogs you need a 125 or bigger to house them right so thats why its best to let them go at that point
Oh I'm definitely letting them go once their frogs! If their bullfrogs, they'll get HUGE. Ok, do you think they'll eat the algae wafers I give my loach?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just keep in mind you can introduce some parasites. I have outdoor pools and do this every year. Also limit numbers as they can release toxins if over crowded.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah my girlfriend brought one home to save it from a feeder tank and infected a tank...... Oh well what can you do, something always happens haha damn murphy can keep his law.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts