Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About this time last year I picked up a couple Synodontis eupterus the store employee sold me as plecostamus. They are 6 or 7 inches now and just gorgeous. Well today I see a tank of twenty or thirty Synodontis nigrita lace cats selling for $6.34 but I noticed three spotted ones. I bought all three of them after talking to friend and finding out they were Synodontis multipuctatus. I thought they were a great find.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Lucky you! I don't see too many synos here, mostly featherfin and the upside down synos. I'd love to get the angel syno or the cuckoo cats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you! I don't see too many synos here, mostly featherfin and the upside down synos. I'd love to get the angel syno or the cuckoo cats.
I thought these cats looked different even from the multipunctatus so I asked a catfish, well fish in general expert friend on face book and he suggested that they are in fact Synodontis ocellifer. I checked and they look to me a perfect match. So I can confidently say that I now have three Synodontis ocellifer catfish.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Awesome! Yup, I've seen pics in my fish profile books so I think I can picture them. That's really great. I know synos except for cuckoo cats don't breed in the aquarium but maybe you'll get lucky?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts