Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My halfmoon is almost a year old. While he's been slowing down in the past few months (he was almost called "zippy" when we first got him) in the last several weeks he's just been lying around either at the bottom or near the top wedging himself between the heater and the side of the bowl. He doesn't have any outward signs of any disease I see in your reference material. He eats, but not much. I've taken to giving him one pellet and making sure he eats that and then giving him another or maybe some bloodworms and make sure he eats that. What could be going on with him? Maybe he has S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) like we do??
waiting for spring and some sunshine?
Thanks

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Also what is the temperature of the tank? What type of water conditioner do you use?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep the temp around 80 (we keep our house set at 68) and I use API Stress Coat+ (tap water conditioner) also give the water a 1/2 tsp of aquarium salt at water change. I recently gave him a dose of ampicillin and fasted him during the treatment (it said 5 drops for 4 days). He seemed to respond to this well -- didn't make him any more perky, but at least it didn't hurt him. He was famished though! Wasn't blowing any bubbles, but recently started blowing a thin line and small amount in one corner. Not like he used to produce, though. What about giving him some Rid-Ich. I don't see ich on him but wondered if some kind of disease preventer would help (?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts