Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been treating my red rainbowfish for swim bladder disease without much improvement; however this evening she began to fall more on the side vs upside down.
It seems like she is working towards righting her position..
I have not been able to find anything related to what recovery for this actually looks like..
Anyone know if this is a good sign??
My girl is resilient and seems to really be trying, but am afraid that I am just pro-longing suffering.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
109 Posts
It seems like she has probably gotten a little better but you should put her in a tank for a few days with some brackish water, usualy helps to kill the infection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like she has probably gotten a little better but you should put her in a tank for a few days with some brackish water, usualy helps to kill the infection.
Thank you for your advice! I did have her in a QT tank with aquarium salt, unfortunately my girl passed about 36 hours after I had posted on.this forum. However, she did right her position and swim to the top of the tank a few times, but after gasping in more air after a quick ascension to the top of the tank, she sank back down and ended up on her back again for a period of time.
I was hopeful for a bit but unfortunately she did not pull through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts