Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gal planted tank. It currently holds;

-2 Flying fox :-( nice fish but i was hoping for simease flying fox when i got these two.
- 1 (female?) 3 year old bushy nose pleco
- 1 white cloud mountian minnow ... a unwanted fish given to me by friend when rest of the school passed on ... this little guy isn't going so well i think ... nice colors bright reds since being in my tank, but he has a crurved spine that isn't going away.

Other then the bushy nose i don't care for the community of fish i have too much :-( I would like to get some new fish maybe trade a flying fox for a simease one? does that ever happen? I'd also like some a new more colorful fish community. Here are my goals (below in list form), what are your suggestions;

- I would like a school of small fish (i like bloodfin ... but can they be bred in the communtiy tank? to keep themselves stocked).
- a larger fish for top or mid water ... (i kinda like the freshwater shark types ... like the red tail black shark who won't out grow my tank ... oh if i had a larger tank id go for the bala or something.)
- a breeding fish pair or school ... a fish that will have babies and mate in a community setting. (would bloodfin do this? what about a dwarf gourami or betta pair? would they do this with a school of other fish and a larger tank mate?
-Some red, some blue, and some yellow in the fish. like chichd or qwarf gourami pair.

These are my ideas ... now thinking like this what are some of my options?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More on this tank

Hey guys ... i have no choice on some of these fish. I think you misunderstood.

I already have a cycled tank ... it already has the bushy nose pleco, and two flying fox. The foxs don't seem to mind each other and usually swim together? I have not seen time act agressive towards each other any time. They don't even chase each other. Some times they will rest together on a plant leaf too.

Actually, i was hoping to add fish to this set up ... and my goals were as posted. I'm not looking to breed fish so much ... more like get a occational single baby here and there, the rest can eggs or fry i think would make a nice live food for whatever will eat it?

What do you say?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.