Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m starting my first tank since I was about 5 years old and I’ve been researching extensively on proper set up, fishless cycling, fish care, etc. My fishless cycle is almost complete and it’s time to consider stocking.

I was thinking of stocking with a purple “Glo Shark” (GloFish’s albino rainbow shark), 3 angels, and possibly a blue gourami.

Making sure the fish get the best care possible and really ensuring they have the best possible quality of life is very important to me. Before I stock these fish I want to make sure they not only can survive each other but they also don’t case any undue stress to each other either. I’d hate to buy a fish, see it suffer, and not be able to care for it.

I have a 55 gal with a Fluval / Aquaclear 70 HOB filter, 200w Fluval heater, Seachem Flourite with pea gravel underneath for substrate, two 48” t5 fluorescent lights (getting a timer soon), some drift wood, real plants (2 anubias varieties, a java fern, 2 amazon swords, 4 marimo balls, and an el niño fern), an air stone, and some hollow decorations for hiding. My ph (with the pea gravel and driftwood) is around 7.8-8.0

Sorry for being so thorough just want to give all the info at once haha. So, any suggestions / stocking ideas? Would my stocking plan work?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Best bet would be to have a mated pair of angels, or just one. 3 will just cause arguments.

I would also suggest a small school of fish, whether its bottom dwellers (like cories) or tetras... or a bristlenose pleco.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Hahaha yeah 3 is a crowd

I would not keep angels and gouramis together. It’s possible that it’ll work, but not high enough possibility to suggest someone do it.

Once you settle on your centerpiece for the tank, it becomes easier to fill in the rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts