Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! So i've been doing a lot of research on how i should stock my 29g. I currently have 10 zebra danios.

I want to add 6 cory cats, and then another small school of small fish, maybe neon tetras or something cooler? (any suggestions?)

and then i want 1/2 centerpiece fish.
I was hoping maybe 1 angelfish, in my research some people said yes some people said no way, so i'm very confused.
If not angelfish, what else could work? Im kinda looking for a peaceful aquarium.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Sounds good - I like cherry barbs instead of neons, though. They are FAR more interesting and won't be as stressed by the activity of the danios. For the centerpiece - I would go with a pair of Bolivian rams.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have both Bolivians and angels, but in a smaller tank like that Bolivians make amazing candidates in a 29g. They very interesting fish IMO

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My boyfriend jumped the gun and got excited, and brought home a tiny little koi angelfish, so i guess that decision was made for me! haha! I want to get another school though, I'm gonna check and see if they have any cherry barbs at my LFS! thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Danios and goldfish do not make good long term tankmates since the goldfish will grow big enough to eat the danios. Not to mention, mollies are tropical fish and will not do well in this system - even danios are subtropical abd benefit from warm waters)

·
Registered
165 Posts
What should I stock my 60 gallon with

I have a 60 g with 1 plecostumus, 11 neon tetras, 2 pearl gouramis, 1 golden panda mollie, and one yellowish platie. Combined they are 35 in. of fish and I was wondering what would be a hardy fish that I could get that would fit in well with what I already have. Can Use any help I can get

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You just mentioned that you have water problems but your looking to add more fish? IMO, id try abd rectify the water before adding any more fish to the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts