Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this planted 20 gallon aquarium that is definitely cycled and I was wondering about some combinations for a fish
Right now I was thinking of
5-7 Guppies
3 Oto Cats
3-5 Cories
1 Ram (Suggestions for types, colourful preferably)

I am not really sure if this is overstocked or not suggestions

·
Registered
12 Posts
the rams will usually be quite agressive so i wouldnt if u were to get all those types of fidh get smaller amounts or else the tank will be overstocked

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I new that rams would be big with all the other fish but there has to be at least 5 guppies but preferably 7 and there has to be 3 otos and I just thought that cories would be good at the bottom
But are there any other fish that can go in the tank that are colourful

·
Registered
286 Posts
Chocolate gouramis are really cool. One of our LFS carries them for like $7 or somethin. Pricey for gouramis but great lookin.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i got some bolivian rams an they arent aggressive. they have their own lil territory in my tank. they dont bother my long fin zebra danios, sarpae tetras, red platy's, or the blue smokey baby angelfish. you could look into maybe mollys or platys for some color or dwarf gouramis as a center piece fish. its hard with a 20 gallon to have that larger sized center piece.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I agree that rams are not aggressive. I think one of the problems with that word - aggressive - is that it's relative. People who are used to keeping their peaceful tetras and Corys and whatnot might be surprised by some of the cichlid behavior and label it as aggressive, when its REALLY not - not by cichlid standards....

Chocolate gouramis are really cool. One of our LFS carries them for like $7 or somethin. Pricey for gouramis but great lookin.
Yes and they are the most challenging of all the gouramis to keep...

Reactions: willow

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the answers I think my final set up will be

5-7 guppies
3 otos
3 cories
3 chocolate gourami

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts