Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all how are you?

I have a 10g tank that is currently stocked with 2 male and female guppies. 2 female platies. 2 pristella tetras 3 kuhli loaches.

Can I add something more or not?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have adult guppies am platies and kuhlis. The tetras is stil young. I know about the guppies I just take the fry and put them in my 8 g till I give them away
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also, do you have plants in there?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an airstone a normal sponge filter an a filter that hangs on the back. I have on plastick plant an then green camboda, I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
342 Posts
More live plants would help with water quality.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Aquatic plants. Stems or floaters would be great. No idea what you have access to.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Live plants do not make up for a lack of space, any more than water changes do. In fact, putting too much in the tank creates even less room for fish that could already wind up crowded.

Guppies are not so easy to give away. Too, even if you could give them to everyone you know, you would eventually run out of people without guppies of their own. If you are intent on keeping the females, then you might want to find someone local who would like the fry for feeders - it's the only way you can consistently and reliably get rid of them if the fish store wont take them, or you don't want to cull them. Of course, you can cross that bridge when you get there.

Reactions: BWG

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be getting a 110 liter (long) tank in a few weeks then I'm gna sepeate the males and females.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
That's a good plan - If you WANT to spawn them, you can :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just a warning, but female guppies can store sperm for up to a year. Even separated you can still expect multiple births.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have had guppies,platies, swordtails and mollies. I am going to try an make the 110 liter tank with only the female guppies and platies I already have and keep the males in the 10g tank.
I know about the guppies sperm holding
I am thinking of making the 110 litre with smallish schooling fish and loaches. Mabey a bristle nose or two but ill see when I get there
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, fish love the live plants and they make all tanks look way much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts