Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is 195 litres, I have two fish - tank bred percula clownfish and two corals. I want to plan carefully and take my time stocking the tank. The clownfish have been in for a week, are feeding well and are very active. One of the corals has just "shed" - and has now opened fully and is very colourful. Any advice for future stocking?

·
Registered
290 Posts
My tank is 195 litres, I have two fish - tank bred percula clownfish and two corals. I want to plan carefully and take my time stocking the tank. The clownfish have been in for a week, are feeding well and are very active. One of the corals has just "shed" - and has now opened fully and is very colourful. Any advice for future stocking?
It depends on what you're looking for; what you prefer. There are so many different species of salwater fish that it's impossible to list all of the options you have available to you.

You could go with a good school of blue/green reef chromis, but be careful when you go to pick these out and make sure you don't get the aggressive chromis (like the lemons); Six Line Wrasse; FireFish (Picky Eater though!); Royal Gramma;

You have a wide variety of options available to you, so it depends on what you're personal preferences are really.

Reactions: MartinLB

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmm well I always suggest a Diamond Watchman Goby. They (Need sand) turn your sand over which keeps it a pretty white. They are also pretty territorial to other gobies and other bottom dwellers like wrasses. If you want to risk your coral, a dwarf angelfish of some sort could work. They are semi aggressive, so make sure you get to know how passive your fish are. My tomato clowns were aggressive until I brought in my Coral Beauty which now intimidates them into the corner. I don't necessarily like that, but the clowns killed my other fish so whatever. Lemonpeel seem to be the most docile of the bunch. Again though, your coral has a big chance of getting nipped, I risked it, but most wouldn't. You could also try a school of pajama cardinalfish (or any cardinalfish). They don't swim much and won't school without aggressive fish. Another choice is a firefish, or small (3) group of dartfish (zebra/scissortail). Royal Gramma Basslets are the Bicolor Dottyback's gentle cousin with a spot. Stunning and peaceful. One blenny could work, but in a tank with no algae, you would have to provide seaweed strips. BOTTOM LINE. My tank setup would look like this;
2x percula clownfish
1x royal gramma basslet
5x Pajama Cardinalfish
1x Diamond watchman goby
with cleanup crew of;
Fire shrimp
5x Snails
3x Nassarius Snails
10x hermit crabs
But again that is me. Many may disagree, but it is all opinion.

Reactions: MartinLB
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.