Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few months my parents are letting me get a massive tank inset into the wall, its going to be epic! The final tank will end up being between 80-100 gallons, likely on the higher side of that range. I'm genuinely so excited, and I have a stocking idea. What plants/rocks/type of aquascape should I do, and what modifications to my stocking idea would improve it? I feel that its a little overstocked, but I'm not sure. Also, what about the female betta? I know a lot of people don't have any problems, but she could be a fin nipper.

Stocking: 20 Male Guppies, 1 Female Betta Fish, 15 Otocinclus, 40 Female Guppies, 10 Amano Shrimp, A TON of Snails lol, 10 Male Endlers, 25 Female Endlers

· Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
299 Posts
You should add some tetras of some sort

· Administrator
7-10 tanks ranging in sizes up to 125g
71 Posts
As I've mentioned many times, guppies and endless are basically the same species and will cross diluting both strains.

Not only that, but a 100 gallon tank will look empty with only 100 guppy/endlers.

What kind of snails and why do you want a TON of them?

· Registered
3 Posts
I would be really careful with the snails.... In my experience once they are in your tank, it's nearly impossible to get them out, especially if you are starting with a high number of them. I definitely think you can increase the amount of shrimp though, even include some cherries or bamboo (if you have a good flow they will be in heaven). I found this shrimp calculator that I used for my tank, it might help you, though I'm not sure if you can calculate fish as well with it. Good luck, hopefully I can get a 100G soon as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts