Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now one of my tanks has been emptied 12 fish. I gave away most my guppies, they were great but I think I've had enough :)
Currently:
3 Cory catfish
2 male guppies
2 lyretail
1 Otto
1 mystery snail
1 unknown fish that I've had forever XD
3 glofish
2 African dwarf frogs (female)

It sounds like a lot, but there aren't very many swimming species, they're mostly bottom feeders! So I was wondering if anyone knew of like just a few fish I could add to make it more exotic. I've had fish for about 7 years and I just want something cooler... I guess it's too small for angel fish :( what about gourami? Any other idea?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
How big is the tank?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well I got a dalmation Molly and a red something fish... Another live bearer but only one of each so there shouldn't be any babies :) still want a gourami but I'm not sure if it will be friendly..

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Guppies and mollies can breed together, as can platys and swordtails.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
I would say you are at the limit, especially since we don't know what two of the fish even are. The molly can get largish, check the profile.

As for the gourami, I would not, even aside from the above. Again, the species is not given, but all are sedate and do not appreciate active fish (glofish, perhaps the "unknowns" too).

Byron.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say you are at the limit, especially since we don't know what two of the fish even are. The molly can get largish, check the profile.

As for the gourami, I would not, even aside from the above. Again, the species is not given, but all are sedate and do not appreciate active fish (glofish, perhaps the "unknowns" too).

Byron.
Ones a platy and the other is a rasbora heteromorpha danio:)

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
Ones a platy and the other is a rasbora heteromorpha danio:)

The rasbora is a sholaing fish, which means it must have a group. I would get another 5 or 6. I know this is further pushing the tank limits, but if you are going to have shoaling fish they must have a group, and with plants and regular weekly partial water changes they will still be healthier.

Byron.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rasbora is a sholaing fish, which means it must have a group. I would get another 5 or 6. I know this is further pushing the tank limits, but if you are going to have shoaling fish they must have a group, and with plants and regular weekly partial water changes they will still be healthier.

Byron.
I know they should have a group but I'm not really into keeping him, he probably doesn't have much longer to live and I got him by accident 3 years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts