Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya!

So I have a question that requires just a tiny bit of background.

I have a 10 gallon tank that currently contains 4 sterbai corydoras. They're happy, healthy, and active at a temperature of 76-77 °F. The tank is planted, not super heavily but the hornwort and (what I believe is) purple cabomba are growing like weeds so I'm hoping it'll fill in soon. Also in the tank is a pretty big tiger lotus and another large plant that I constantly forget the name of, as well as a couple of moss balls.

I'm not 100% sure of the ammonia/nitrites/nitrates, but the last time I got it tested in a store (about a week ago) they said it was healthy (from an aquarium employee I personally know and trust, not just Petco or something).

So my question is: What other peaceful fish could I consider adding? Is it worth disturbing the equilibrium?

I'm limited by budget and space, so I want to be very confident about the fish before adding them so I don't have to move them to a whole separate tank like my betta. Also, since 10 gallons is relatively small, I wouldn't want to crowd or overwhelm the tank with a large school or large fish.

Fish would ideally be small, very very peaceful (I can't stand seeing fish chasing or harassing each other :frown2: ), fine with plants, and happy in the high 70s.

Any suggestions? I know I'm being very specific, so it's okay if no other fish will work out! I'm perfectly happy with my cheerful little school :grin2:

·
Registered
201 Posts
A few rummy nose would be okay, but they prefer lower levels of the tank. You could consider one centerpiece fish like a dwarf gourami/apisto/ram.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I keep myGerman rams around 78F. Some breeders do too. Tank stability is key with very low nitrates/ no ammonia. I was also lucky to get them from a good breeder. The others are hardier however, so probably a good choice with the small tank size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts