Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I am sure you guys get LOADS of these questions but.. I have a 33 gallon tank that I'd like to stock a bit more. I currently have a beautiful laid back Betta fish, one dwarf African frog, 7 white cloud minnows, 5 corydoras white, 2 black skirt tetra's. I was thinking of getting a couple bigger fish but I know with the Betta, it's a tough match. He loves his corydoras, gets depressed without them.

Or is my tank at 'max' levels. I do water changes twice a month so the water levels stay stable.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
IMHO you're pretty stocked up at this point. If you want more fish I suggest a larger tank.

But that's just me and my .02

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Agree with above, I would just leave as is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
i also agree with above but tetras prefer bigger schools and could get nippy with longfinned fish like bettas so i would either drop the black skirts or get more. if you rehome the 2 black skirts and get the betta its own 5-10 gallon you could add a pearl gourami, banded gourami or perhaps a paradise fish altho i have heard the paradise fish may be aggressive depending on the individual fish.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Hello there, I am sure you guys get LOADS of these questions but.. I have a 33 gallon tank that I'd like to stock a bit more. I currently have a beautiful laid back Betta fish, one dwarf African frog, 7 white cloud minnows, 5 corydoras white, 2 black skirt tetra's. I was thinking of getting a couple bigger fish but I know with the Betta, it's a tough match. He loves his corydoras, gets depressed without them.

Or is my tank at 'max' levels. I do water changes twice a month so the water levels stay stable.

I don’t think you’re anywhere near “max” levels for the tank size. However, with a betta in there, Max stocking should be out of the question.

I don’t think the black skirt tetras are a good choice, and would return them. Were it my tank, I would look to double the schools of WCMM and corys before adding any additional species to the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tetras were a gift from a friend of mine who didn't want them in their tank anymore. I was hoping to increase the sizes a little but I can increase the schools of both of them I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts