Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently setting up my first larger tank and was thinking what fish to choose. So far I used AqAdvisor to see if the fish fit together but i know these tools aren´t totally accurate. Can you see any obvious mistakes?
  • 2 x Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)
  • 8 x Sterbai Cory (Corydoras sterbai)
  • 20 x Espei Rasbora (Trigonostigma espei)
  • 10 x Marble Hatchet (Carnegiella strigata)
  • 8 x Amano Shrimp (Cardina multidentata)
Im planning for this tank to have a lot of hardscape and live plants to see the fish interact and swim around it. Im also planning on keeping the stock filter from the rio even tho i heard it wasnt that great. I hope the substrate and plants help with the filtering. Something like MD Fish Tanks does (im a big fan :D)
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im currently setting up my first larger tank and was thinking what fish to choose. So far I used AqAdvisor to see if the fish fit together but i know these tools aren´t totally accurate. Can you see any obvious mistakes?
  • 2 x Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)
  • 8 x Sterbai Cory (Corydoras sterbai)
  • 20 x Espei Rasbora (Trigonostigma espei)
  • 10 x Marble Hatchet (Carnegiella strigata)
  • 8 x Amano Shrimp (Cardina multidentata)
Im planning for this tank to have a lot of hardscape and live plants to see the fish interact and swim around it. Im also planning on keeping the stock filter from the rio even tho i heard it wasnt that great. I hope the substrate and plants help with the filtering. Something like MD Fish Tanks does (im a big fan :D)
Thanks for any help!
The Bolivians and the shrimp might not work out, mine destroy them almost instantly. Other than that everything seems to be in order and will work. How big is your tank might I ask?
🙏 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bolivians and the shrimp might not work out, mine destroy them almost instantly. Other than that everything seems to be in order and will work. How big is your tank might I ask?
🙏 👍
The tank Is 100*40*45 cm so 180l.
Damn, even amanos? I thought they might be big enough to not get eaten. I could replace them with otos.
Thanks for help😁

·
Registered
351 Posts
The tank Is 100*40*45 cm so 180l.
Damn, even amanos? I thought they might be big enough to not get eaten. I could replace them with otos.
Thanks for help😁
Remember I'm just one example. Not all Bolivians are created equal. I've never tried them with amanos because they murdered all my cherry shrimp. They may leave amanos alone if you feed them well and provide enough space and because of their size they might not bother them; food for thought.

🙏 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remember I'm just one example. Not all Bolivians are created equal. I've never tried them with amanos because they murdered all my cherry shrimp. They may leave amanos alone if you feed them well and provide enough space and because of their size they might not bother them; food for thought.

🙏 👍
RCS are very small and bright so it makes sense. I read up on other people keeping bolivians and no one said they eat amanos so I will keep them on the list. So excited to get the tank up and running!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts