Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have a 120 gallon tank with a 55 gallon sump and all th goodies to go with it....i am not sure about the salinity though....what should it be at....i have been told 1.027 and i have been told 1.021 can i have some suggestions and also how long would i have to wait to put damsels or mollies in...i want them to help the cycling process and help me to perfect my fish care taking qualities thanks guys and girls

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Decide if you really want a damsel. A lot of people are unfamiliar with the fact that when you add one by themselves to the tank for a few weeks to cycle the tank, they think it's theirs and theirs alone. They'll try to kill any new fish. Trying to get a damsel out of a tank with rock is almost futile. A damsel is not necessary to cycle a tank.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
do a fishless or live rock cycle if you arent doing a species only tank with damsels. If you really want them you should add them last with other aggressive fish to prevent violence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
55g sump :shock: How about some pics?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am not quite sure how to put pictures on this site so if anyone could run me through the process i would be glad to put some picutres up and i am open for any suggestions and unfortunately i have already put the damsels in the tank i am sometimes impatient which is a horrible attribute for saltwater tanks i here lol o well i will put up some pictures though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts