Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my tank. I took a 5 year break from keeping fish, so now I am starting up again. All the plants are live plants and the only decorations are the two tree stumps and the two greek columns.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 5 black neon tetras, 1 pleco, 2 rainbow sharks (i albino), 7 ghost shrimp, 1 cory, 1 chinese algae eater, 4 mystery snails, 1 irresident shark, and 2 dwarf frogs.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I am sorry to say that I see a few problems with your current stocking list. Rainbow sharks and Irredescent Shark in a 10 gallon? They will likely outgrow this tank very very soon. It is most often recommended to not have more then one shark unless it is in a very very large tank. I have one Rainbow in a 48 inch long tank. I would want at least 6 feet long to even consider 2.

Your tank looks very nice with all the live plants. Nothing nicer then that nice natural green of plants in a tank, is there? I love the way they move naturally also. Is there a reason you are keeping the water level so low?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm then I'll buy a bigger fish tank for the sharks once I see them getting a bit bigger, I'll probably get them a 60 gallon, that should be good right? Live plants make the tank look so natural and the fish enjoy them :)

Ummm I'm keeping the water level a bit low because my mystery snail laid and egg sack on the top part of the tank hood. I moved the egg sack to a smaller tank so the eggs could be ok but I saw the snail getting busy again so I'm hoping in lays the eggs on the glass and not in the hood were its hard to see lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts