Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I will soon be starting a new aquarium and have narrowed the first two species I will get down to a choice between gupies, platies, mollies and swordtails. I have a 100 litre tank and would like to know which would be the best 2 species to start with. Or if I should start with 1 species instead of 2.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2 species sounds just rfine to me here is what I reccomend though for a 26 gallon tank: 3 Octocinclus which sounds fancy but it's just a type of sucxker fish that does a stupendus job of cleaning tanks. 1 Yellow Algea Eater Is a good substitute if you don't want to get Octocinclus's. You should also get several mystery snails and some ghost shrimp so you don't have to clean your tank very often. I don't reccomend getting guppies because they will breed like crazy if you make a mistake of putting even 1 female with males. You should only have a few swordtails as they like to fight somtimes. The mollies and platies are GREAT begginer fish however, do not get the ballon mollies you are just supporting big fish breeders to contuinue breeding these fish that have genetic defects and suffer more diseases. But regular mollies and platies are perfect! I also reccomend trying out a school of 6-12 neon tetras but it's your desision!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts