Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm planning on starting a tank for just a single Betta (and possibly a few mystery snails/ghost shrimp). I was wondering what some recommended brands for things such as heaters/filters/lighting/aquascaping/food/other miscellaneous tools I should buy, and how much it would possibly cost total. Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 betta in a 20 gallon is a waste of a 20 gallon. Bettas suck (except wild) everything about bettas living more than 2 years isn’t true. They aren’t able to swim after they get 1 year old because of their stupid fins. All you need is a 5 gallon (just get a few wild bettas) Get leaf litter from the wild twigs from the wild some play sand and a heater and a desk lamp and cobalt aquatics food or make a daphnia culture. Literally like 30$

·
Registered
Tropical Fish
16 Posts
Uhhhh thats not true! My friend has a betta fish that is 3.5 years old and still going strong. Get a short finned betta if think it might be a problem. My own betta fish is almost 2 years now and he has extra large fins no problems. If you have a 10 gal you can also put a small school of neon tetras with them or a couple African dwarf frog. As for the cost of the tank, if your starting from scratch probably around $50. If you set up a new tank if you already have the basic stuff and only need decor probably only about $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts