Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just started a 29 gallon freshwater tropical tank, got it started, water quality tested everything checked out. Today I added mollies and guppies. Looking for other recommendations for fish that would do well in that aquarium. And also how long I should wait before adding more to my aquarium.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How many fish did you get? What are other fish you like to add? mollies and guppies and have babies with each other. That would be kool if they do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I have 6 guppies, 4 mollies, and 6 platties, I haven't decided what else to add I'm still researching options.
Oh wow I didn't know they could do that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First one, I've done others before but that was almost 8 years ago just wanted to get going again so wanted to start small, eventually I'll go with a bigger tank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, I just started a 29 gallon freshwater tropical tank, got it started, water quality tested everything checked out. Today I added mollies and guppies. Looking for other recommendations for fish that would do well in that aquarium. And also how long I should wait before adding more to my aquarium.
Hello! It’s good to hear you’re getting back into fish tanks! Smaller fish like cherry barbs and tetras are a great choice for a small tank. They add a lot of color and variety to your tank while staying at a pretty small size. Loaches, Cory catfish, and bristle nose plecos are good if you like bottom feeders. Another fish I just recently started adding to my tank is the rainbow fish. They have beautiful colors and should do well in a 29 gal tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts