Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, despite of the fact that I do own a fishroom, not all of my fishtanks are in there simply because of a lack of space in there...

So, there are also fishtanks in another room on the first floor, some in my shed and a community tank in my livingroom. And 7 outdoor tanks (3 on my balcony and 4 in my backyard).

Overhere some pics of my fishroom. I've got tanks of different sizes. Mainly livebearers are kept and bred in there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
Stunning tanks!!

Wow, them corner tanks are very interesting! Never seen anything quite like it! At least, not that good of quality at least haha. Makes sense though; could put them on the kitchen counter in the corner ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised that you guys don't have those triangle tanks or corner tanks overthere. If space is tight, those tanks are the real deal!

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
Yeah! Totally makes sense! We do have small 1 gallon corner tanks, but they're crappy acrylic tanks by Wal-Mart. Cheap and nice for hospital tanks, but no good for anything real in there. I'm sure we could have one custom made but that runs into big money sometimes depending on where you go. Oh well!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yeah, I know! I've been to the States frequently and I've used to live in Canada. And I know that livestock and supplies are much more pricey overthere than overhere in Europe. So, if it's even custom made, I really can imagine how it works with the price.

Lucky me that I live overhere, huh...!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's no exact wc schedule...
I'm only doing some water changes if it needs to...

As long as a tank is in balance, a water change is not really needed. I know that a lot of aquarium books will say differently. But that's more a precaution to do a wc on a frequent bases. For fishtanks in a lot of houses aren't sufficiently balanced for a longer period of time.

For sure, I do add water when a level is vaporated.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i've got a small corner tank..it's empty right now..oh the travesty of it :lol:
in England you can quite reasonable corner tanks on eBay,makes a nice
feature if you have a un used corner,with like just a plant or even sillier a chair!
chairs are soon over rated these days !
you sure do have a lot of aquariums !! and they look really nice too. :-D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I do have 60 tanks effectively running inside the house and I've also got 7 outdoor tanks with livebearers in them. In this case, 4 in my backyard and three on my balcony.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts