Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Black Skirt Tetra and 3 Glofish Tetra. One snail.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just started my first aquarium and wanted to start small. I have a 15 gallon tank and it is decorated with all "fake" foliage. I have 6 Tetras. They seem happy but I wanted to make sure they have enough space to swim. Do I need to remove some of the decoration or do you think they can be happy as they are. I tried to take photos from several angles.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Thank you. I actually have 3 black skirt tetras and three glofish tetra but I was told in the store they are from the same species (I'm not sure about that) but they do seem to be happy together and swim together, sometime in pairs but not really in unison for more than a few seconds, but it's only been about 24 hours. I do have one glofish I'm a little worried about. She's the largest and tends to keep to herself more than the others. Tonight I caught her going up towards the outflow and swimming towards the current quite often, almost like she was playing in the current, but I don't know if that is normal behavior or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just started my first aquarium and wanted to start small. I have a 15 gallon tank and it is decorated with all "fake" foliage. I have 6 Tetras. They seem happy but I wanted to make sure they have enough space to swim. Do I need to remove some of the decoration or do you think they can be happy as they are. I tried to take photos from several angles.

Thanks!
Did you cycle the tank before you added any fish? If not, you should be focusing on the ammonia levels in the tank before you worry about how much space the fish have to swim. It's not going to matter much if they all die.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you cycle the tank before you added any fish? If not, you should be focusing on the ammonia levels in the tank before you worry about how much space the fish have to swim. It's not going to matter much if they all die.
Yes, of course. Trying hard to do everything by the book.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because black skirt tetras aren't the most "swimmy" fish in the aquarium and won't dart around, they should be alright.
Before putting any fish in the tank, did you run it through a cycle? If not, you should be more concerned about the ammonia levels in the tank than the quantity of swimming space available to the fish. Even if they all die, it won't make a difference. This response is ineffective. Check Out This blog has further information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts