Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight while feeding the tetras in my smallest aquarium (7 gallon hexagon), I noticed on the small lid that lifts up for feeding the fish, something very odd. When i lifted the little lid, on the inside of the lid, which is about 3 inches (or 8 cm) higher than water level, something stuck to the lid; it looks like baby corn (for lack of a better way to describe it). What is it??? It's firm, bumpy, and the first thing i could think of was "eggs", but is that possible so far from the water? Could there be some kind of parasite in the tank? Very strange..............

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, it's not any kind of fish or snail, just something stuck there.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't post a photo of it, I took it out of the tank. I do have a blue mystery snail in there, not an apple snail. And the 'baby corn' wasn't submerged in the water -- it was on the inside of the little lid that flips up to feed the fish. But yeah, it probably was some kind of egg thing. Because it was out of the water, it was 'hard', but when I broke it in half the little 'corn things' were gooey on the inside. Ewww........ The entire thing was about 2cms in length.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts