Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone gave me this fish about six months ago when it was about an inch long. It got trapped in a feeding rock I had submerged in the tank. He loved to hide in there and I was thinking to myself just this morning, "I better take that rock out before he gets stuck." As you can see, he's grown quite a bit.

When he swam, he had a long dorsal fin that resembled a chain saw, sort of. Not knowing what he was, pike, eel, or whatever; I called him a Chinese Dragon Fish.

He loves Ghost Shrimp, but his favorite food was Rams Horn Snails. I thought it would be great to have at least one in every tank to help keep the snail population down.

I would appreciate it very much if someone can help identify this fish. I've never seen one like this before, and of course if you don't have a name, you can't tell the fish store to order one.

Thanx all.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it is of the Bicher family from what I've seen at Live Aquaria Dot Com.

Again, I called it a Dragon simply because it reminds me of the Mythical Chinese Dragon.

It was really handy at keeping the Rams Horn Snail population down. So, now I want three of them, one for each tank.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep all my tanks brackish, between 1.006 to 1.016 ppt.

Looking real careful is does look like a dragon goby, Joeshmoe posted, only the color was more grayish. The coloration difference my be due to the color of the light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.