Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m still new to the fish hobby and today I’ve noticed one of my fish seems to be breathing hard it sitting at the bottom and it’s gills seem swollen. I’ve tested the water and the parameters are correct all my other fish are behaving properly. I did a partial water change and put the sick fish in a tank by itself but I’m not sure what kind of medicine to give it and if I should treat my community tank the fish was originally in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello it would be helpful if you posted a photo but I have been in the fish hobby for over 20 years now and I been a professional fish breeder for 13 now and I recommend not feeding them as much and give the sick danio a salt bath. Get a container with fresh water in it and put MARINE SALT NOT TABLE SALT in it put 3-5 teaspoons in it and put the sick fish in it then let it stay in there for 30-45 minutes then put it back in the normal tank also try cleaning the fish tank with bleach then wash throughly to make sure there's no bleech left then add one half teaspoon of salt for every gallon of water you have to make sure the other fish do not get sick if that does not work and the zebra danio is still alive put in fish medicine from the store if none of that works there probably won't be a fix to your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts