Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About a month ago, I was sold 4 'shortnose' shrimp from my LFS. I haven't been able to find out much info about them, but I assumed they were caridina, and thought they wouldn't breed very well in freshwater. But last w/c, I almost sucked up about 10 of them. I don't mind, but I am wondering what these actually are.

I was also wondering which shrimp these would interbreed with, could I still add some neocaridina and not have them mix?

Attachments

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Attachments

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reading my post. I actually talked with the manager at my LFS where I bought these little guys. The label was on the wrong tank for shortnose (they were moved) and apparently, I got offspring of a breeding experiment. The experiment was mixing cherry shrimp with minami, so I guess you are half right, I now have a mixed shrimp in my tank, with I didn't really want, but we'll see what comes out of these shrimp. I am 98% sure now, that that's what happened.

The goal was to achieve a deep red minami shaped shrimp, so we'll see. To be honest, in the original shrimp I bought, I swear I saw them burgundy when I was doing a w/c. The shrimplets from these have not shown this colouration. Although, they are interesting looking. If anything worth posting turns out form these shrimp, I will update.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.