·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an Electric Blue JD 1.5"
An Electric pink JD 0.5"
4 Congo Tetras all about 1"
1 panama Red Pleco 1.5"

Aggression aside, is this enough fish for a 180?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't know much about large cichlids but what about a green terror or a severum. Another option is to gt rid of the JDs and make it a planted discus tank which would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know much about large cichlids but what about a green terror or a severum. Another option is to gt rid of the JDs and make it a planted discus tank which would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
No
The Jack Dempsey are what I bought the large tank for. They are beautiful.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
From what I know they are nt to aggressive I'm pretty sure their semi aggressive my buddy has one in his tank with a JD and they gt along well.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You could also get a group of bushy nose plecos. I have a breeding pair and they are pretty awesome. Also when you have a couple of them they tend to come out more, so they may give your tank some interesting activity.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
In a tank that big I wouldn't get less than 10 congos.

I still say you should get blue Botia for your bottom dwellers. Then you can just fill in with some more cichlids, and perhaps some larger barbs like the filament.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It'sOTE=jaysee;3514346]In a tank that big I wouldn't get less than 10 congos.

I still say you should get blue Botia for your bottom dwellers. Then you can just fill in with some more cichlids, and perhaps some larger barbs like the filament.[/QUOTE]

Its a lot of tank for 6 fish

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It'sOTE=jaysee;3514346]In a tank that big I wouldn't get less than 10 congos.

I still say you should get blue Botia for your bottom dwellers. Then you can just fill in with some more cichlids, and perhaps some larger barbs like the filament.
Its a lot of tank for 6 fish[/quote]

I know it's big. I want the EBJD and the EPJD to have enough space. I'll have 7 congos when all is said and done.

+ 1 Dwarf Pleco. Dont want to overcrowd

Maybe add something after I see how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts