Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am seriously trying to work on setting up a 10 gallon that friend gave me. Drawback....it is only the tank.
Pros...I can pick whichever equipment I want. I thought I had an AquaClear filter but a piece is broken and filter intake does not stay secure. :-( I also need a hood. I want to put live plants in it. All from my current 50 gallon. (who knew that hornwort grew so quickly?) I am also trying to keep the cost down. Would this be ok for growing plants? I don't want them to grow quickly but I don't want them to come to their demise either.
Aquarium Lighting Led Aquarium Hoods | Marineland

The tank is going to house a betta and some other playmates (suggestions welcome). For those who use larger tanks for their bettas, I am wondering which tap water conditioner you use. (having a feeling this will be Prime)
Currently I use API Tap Water Conditioner in my 50g and for my 2g betta I use Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner. Wondering if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i have that hood/light.it would only keep java fern and anubias alive.not very strong at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts