Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Seio super flow M2600 powerhead for my 90 tank. I was so excited it finaly came in the mail and I get the mounting on it I wanted to use. I plug it in and all I get is bubbles. I don't mean some bubbles I mean 10,000 bubbles per second. does anybody know what is wrong? how do I trouble shoot?

Thanks Roger

·
Registered
675 Posts
If thats a submersable pump how could you be geting bubbles? I know this is a stupid question but could the bubbles be coming from a venturi injector that you didnt know the thing had? Iv been looking at that pump for my tank.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Im sure you know what it is your prolly just dont recenize the name. Its whats on the end of some powerheads and its used to put air into the water, its also used on protein skimmers.
if you will look at the diagram, at the top of the pump there is a blue knob, if you twist this you should shut off the bubbles. if the bubbles dont completely stop(maybe theres a leek) all you have to do is completely submerge the pump and there will be no air being blown out.
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerheads_pumps_taam_seio.asp?CartId=

·
Registered
675 Posts
The bigs ones are fine, but iv heard that the little ones can irritate the fishes skin but dont hold me to that becuase its just something i heard. I hate the bubbles i think there ugly.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That 2,600 should be doing a great job. The whole idea of a diffused pattern is to prevent high target zones. That's why Tunze pumps cost several hundred dollars instead of $40 like a giant maxi jet. I'm sure you water movement in the tank itself is much better then before. If you want more, then get another one for the other end, concurrent action is better then laminar flow anyways. Are you sure you are not confusing the M2600 with the M602?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im sure it is the M2600 the thing is huge. It takes up an entire wall it looks awfull. I am going to change all the rock work around this week and hide it in the rock work. Like I said I know it disperses the water better them most what is nice but it sure seems like less water movement then the Rio 2500 by alot. and I am looking across the tank not at the direct stream of water right in front of the powerheads. And I do have another pump on the other side also. It is not a large as the M2600 but I do have some movement from the other side also.

Roger

1 - 20 of 23 Posts