Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,ie recieved them from someone a few weeks ago. they came from an "Istant Life" pack, which they are sold as dry eggs that hatch when you pt in water.
They are also known as Brine shrimp or artmia.
I want to find a good soltion for them and im trying to find out if i can relese them somewhere without causing any harm to the enviorment.
If not then anone here knows how to prevent them from breeding?
Aain im trying to find a good solution for them, Suggestions as throwing them away or to feedthem to fish wont help
Thank you

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
FWIW you can buy brine shrimp cysts at any aquarium store and hatch them in saltwater. the aquarium store has saltwater mixes as well.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Savethemall, if you wanted to release them you'd have to take them back to the Great Salt Lake in Utah. They evolved to live in very salty water, much saltier than the ocean. If you want to try to keep them alive, ask the internet and YouTube for advice - a quick search using "keeping brine shrimp alive" turned up lots of results for me. No idea how to keep them from breeding ... but they might require very specific conditions to breed; just keeping them alive might be a challenge. I've hatched them, but I've never kept them longer than a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts