Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a science project. :nerd: I want to design an experiment in which I can study how variables can change and how the fish react. I will be studying this for a 180 days. I thought I could use a betta sorority to study how different factors affect their aggression on each other. I thought of using amount of plants, amount of betta fish, and the amount of aggression against other types of fish.

But I need help designing a better experiment. I thought about testing plant growth or different types of livebearers.

I am unsure any help will help greatly.

Bride

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
you could test pH and kh with different substrates plus plants or no plants aeration no aeration or whatever. simple quart jars and some baby feeder type guppies.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Testing plant growth using different substrates, lighting, hours exposed to lighting, ferts, co2, etc so many options

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aggression is not a good a good indicator as it is borderline animal cruelty and is difficult to measure quantitatively. The effect of plant volume on live bearer reproduction sounds like a better idea but something like light intensity on plant growth would be the easiest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts