Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aquarium rio125, filter, built-in aeration.

Population:
Pterophyllum scalare - 2;
Ancistrus dolichopterus - 2;
Synodontis petricola - 2;
Botia kubotai - 5.

Plants: some anubias.

Temperature - 23.5 C.
NO2, NO3, NH3 - at normal state.

Food: Tetra Flakes for scalares and Tetra Tablets for other fishes.

About 1.5 months ago I noticed that the male scalare was swollen in the abdomen. I decided that I was overfeeding it, and began to feed less often. It was a little blown away, but not completely.

On another forum I was adviced to do the treatment:
Move fish to a separate aquarium and use Levofloxacin 500 mg and Metronidazole 250 mg tablets every 48 hours for 10 days. With complete water change and no feeding.

After the treatment, swollen side remained, although slightly decreased. The behaivor of the fish is normal all the time. Now the fish looks like this:

Bird Wood Tints and shades Terrestrial animal Snout
Bird Beak Feather Tail Terrestrial animal

After that a was messaged, that it's probably a tumor, though the treatment did not completly help.

Can you please advise something? Do you also think it's tumor? If not, what it can be and what treatment should I try? Can I move the fish to a common tank, though tumor can't harm other fishes?

If possible, please advise me the medicines that I could buy in a pharmacy for people, as I probably can not find some medicines for fish in my country.

· Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
600 Posts
I would continue doing the same medicines your already doing, along with a lot of water changes. I'm not sure if its able to spread, as it looks sort of like a regular tumor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts