Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm not sure who to sent this to but I'm afraid that Sbrit94 is trying to get free bettas from the members here. All I see are posts of what she wants and sob stories about why she wants it or how she can't afford it. Unfortunately I sent her a free betta AND paid for shipping to her, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I did leave a comment on her classifieds ad in hopes no one else falls for it. But she had told me she had no money, she couldn't send any for shipping online or by mail, and she went out buying things at the store. I started seeing the pattern after that and after I sent her the copper boy she has now. Someone needs to intervene because this is just getting sad, and someone else is going to be taken advantage of.

Thank you for your time,
Lamb

(please note I am sent this to various mods in messages.)

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I closed that thread a few hours back just to stop it from further discussion.

Lamb, are you saying that you sent her a free fish and paid for shipping after she posted the latest classified thread that we're discussing? And she's still looking for a fish?? Or was it another time before this thread?

I just want to get all of the facts straight before we contact her. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
About 2 weeks ago she posted a thread about a DT that she wanted but was broke so she couldn't buy him. So I mentioned that I had a DT that I was wanting to rehome. She said she didn't have any money and that she couldn't pay for him, so I asked her to pay for shipping. She said she didn't have any, so I told her maybe she wasn't prepared enough and to wait until she could afford one. She went ahead and told me that she had a 10 gallon with one male and she could divide it, and a vase. I told her I didn't want to, and then she got another member to message me telling me not to count her out, so I felt a little ganged up on and taken advantage of but I agreed to send him. I paid for shipping and gave her a free betta (that I had just bought myself but wanted to make room for another male for me to breed). I sent her the betta, all the while her telling me that he'll be taken care of etc. But she went out to shop for stuff for him (She said she was broke) and that's when I noticed the pattern. She received him and not a few days later started posting about all of the other betta she wanted but couldn't afford, then went into discussion about how she can set up a paypal account without a bank account. And that she has money to pay for a betta but doesn't want to send cash or a check to a seller. There are a lot of holes in her stories, and I feel like she's taking advantage of the members here. I notified one other member before she actually bought her one she picked out and have the seller send it to her.

She also only had 1 betta when I sent her one, now she mysteriously got a hold of a CT and her previous HM died? And that my guy I sent her was sick but suddenly wasn't anymore. Lots of holes and it upsets me that it doesn't seem to be enough, that she wants more and more and more, but she can't afford it, or she can't send money for it and that she's getting members to send her free bettas and doesn't have the decency to be truthful about her situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts