Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 👋🏻

I have just saved 13 black Mollies from a pea soup very green, non heated (it had broken) tank that had effectively been abandoned (I got permission from the owner who was very grateful), and I have put them in a new heated 57 litre tank.(no other fish). We have another tank that I have left as is as all the fish in there are happy so I have very limited knowledge, but some.
The rescued fish all seem to be very happy with their new home with new plants and clear water all ph checked etc. But I have counted what I believe are 2 females and the rest male - from doing some research and watching them tonight. so firstly;

-How many mollies should I keep in a 57 litre tank- so I can rehome some.
  • how many males if I have 2 females
  • should I try to rehome a female
  • I have a dwarf gourami, 2 tetra, and 4 guppies in another tank, would a couple of the male mollies be ok with them?
  • these rescued fish have been left to their own devices for months-have been breeding, and I suspect have eaten the young. Given the conditions they were in are they likely to be aggressive in another tank if I do rehome Them

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
247 Posts
I would first re-home the two female mollies if possible. I think 11 mollies would be okay for your size tank but if they become aggressive or fin nip put 2-3 of the smallest ones in your second tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts