Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is my whole plce collection (i think)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you :D

REASION- - - - - - - - - - -
the only reasion they are on my hand is........ they need to be out of the tank they was in as my jags have bred, also as you catfish ppl will no if you use a net..... well you dont use a net as they just end up getting stuck in it, so as they was there and the cam was there a quick pic was taken :wink:

trhanks 4 looking

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Out of interest, how did you get them out? I've always wondered what the best method would be for catching them

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they hide no live and never come out from under a big bit of bog wood in my tank, so all i did was pit my hand under the wood and pulled them off the wood (nice and slow) all the tame with a bit of grip, seems to do the trick every time 4 me :shock:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
those are really lovely fish. i love plecs and its really nice to have them small and watch them grow i think, like you have

Out of interest, how did you get them out? I've always wondered what the best method would be for catching them
kate another way is to get a wee plastic container and coax them into it. it can take a while but im too nervous about handling them in case they struggle and i end up dropping them or hurting them while trying to hold one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice Panaque bud.

The first is L191, what was the second sold to you as do you know? Have the jags been munching on its caudal?[/i]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xingumike said:
Nice Panaque bud.

The first is L191, what was the second sold to you as do you know? Have the jags been munching on its caudal?[/i]
yep the 1st is a L191 Dull-eye and the 2nd is a L027 'XingU'

have the jags been munching them, yes reasion being
http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5644

·
Registered
415 Posts
interesting, it displays non of the rusty patches in its fins or translucent caudal i would expect to see from a xingu pop. fish, hence me asking.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so you think it could be somethink els?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
posted it on planet catfish and they think 'Rio Tapajos'

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice royals are a nice fish, pitty they hide all the time :cry:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah man, my 2 are shy as well, but they get bolder as they get older, lol that rhymes.

the 27 especially is sweet man :)

191 is a mini version of mine

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rob1619 said:
Great pics..those are awsome :wink:
They will look great when older aswell...i need to find some Royals soon.
TFS :D
i dont think they will EVER get older (as in bigger) they are SSSOOOOOOOO slow at growing

thanks 4 looking :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts