Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just introduced 2 Gasteropelecus Sternicula (Hatchet fish) to my tank and I have also added 3 Impaichtys Kerri. Does anyone have any advise concerning these fish.
I like the colors and my LFS said they would be OK with my 10 Neon Tetra, 3 female pregnant Guppys and a pair of Platy's with one 6 mm baby Platy.
So far they seem to have settled in nicely. The 3 Impaichtys Kerri just chase each other and the Hatchets keep to themself.
Dovie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Byron,

I have 125 ltr (27 gal imp) tank 50x50x50 and its pretty full of plants which are growing like mad. I reset my tank about 2 months ago when I switched from goldfish to tropical, the water quality is good on all accounts. The 3 Inpaichthys kerri are chasing each other and the Silver Hatchetfish seem OK. though not particular active as you mentioned, but seem to hang around the surface and half way down.
I did have 4 Siamese algae eaters, took 3 back to the LFS but cant catch the other one, as soon as I put the net in it disappears into the plants. Not sure how to catch him.
I have one baby Platy as well I noticed it last weekend after a 4 day break, could be a couple of weeks old as its about 6-7 mm long.

Dovie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts