Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! We're all friends here so I thought it would be pretty cool if we shared the loss of our fish.
I personally have recently had a horrible loss of fish. I mainly breed freshwater fish and I nearly lost all of them. My mother got very ill (she's okay now) and I had to be with here for 3 weeks, she lives very far away from me and so I could not come back to check on my fish. I have automatic feeders and I asked my friend if he could please check on my fish once a day and call me if there are any emergency's. However, my friend forgot to check on them for the whole 3 weeks. (Even though I reminded him to check) And the air conditioner went out while I was gone. All of my saltwater fish died because the water evaporated in the 104-108 degree weather and made the remaining water extremely salty. Most of my freshwater fish, snails, and shrimp died to. Luckily I had three rooms where I kept fish and only one of the small rooms that had it's own air conditioning went out. The other two are connected to my house so luckily they were okay. I was able to recover from this and I have now tripled the airconditioning for them. I forgave my friend because he offered to pay for some of the expense of my loss of fish since he didn't check on them. I realise now I proably should have left two people to check on them in case one person was busy.
Does anyone else have stories of losing fish? Let us know down below!

Registered
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I had my little black guppy die today. :( I don't know what as wrong with him.... His name was Moonlit Skies. :):) 馃悷

- Fishy Bubbles 馃悹

Registered
I had 4 bettas die on me, they all were from a store so :( 2 passed from misinformation from my lfs, 2 passed because of dropsy, it wasn鈥檛 easy to lose them, trust me.

Registered
I had 4 bettas die on me, they all were from a store so :( 2 passed from misinformation from my lfs, 2 passed because of dropsy, it wasn鈥檛 easy to lose them, trust me.

Oh, I'm so sorry.... :(:( I had a betta fish die a while ago. He was my very first fish. I think my water temp was too low.... :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I just had 7 male guppies 2 otocincluses and a pink glofish die from fin rot all in the same tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts