Tropical Fish Keeping banner

501 - 509 of 509 Posts

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts

·
Reference Team
1,000 Posts
API says it's for 10g and smaller --- Betta tanks, in other words. I thought the idea for business is to sell more product, products that make the fish live longer and healthier, and encourage you to get more fish and buy more product. That's a parallel to the bigger tank argument. Too logical?

I guess that's why I'm not rich.

·
Reference Team
1,000 Posts
Me too. There's a few other things I'd like to try if I had the money right now.

I'm glad to see you're still around.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Every day ,just salt creeping.

Long ago, when I was younger I had more time, I would do many product reviews but recently I have not even thought about it. Hmm, maybe it's about time to write another one up for the few marine hobbyists we have.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Yes please Linda!!

I would LOVE a SW tank but I am horrendous with doing things on time. I am not capable of maintaining a FW water change routine so... I admit I have a problem. :oops:

I however adore Bat Fish and Clown fish and those Boxfish guys.

·
Super Moderator
1,118 Posts
I've never had SW but back then it was uber expensive and they didn't live very long. I have a ton of fun stories when I assistant managed an aquatic-focused pet store during the same time period.

Right after college I went to work in a pet store so I could learn to groom but also to assistant manage the aquatic section. This was 1969/1970 and undergravel filters were the bee's knees of filtration.

The manager hired a "First" assistant who didn't know his butt from a hole in the ground when it came to fish but had a business degree.

Back then we had to order fish from St. Louis and drive to Louisville, KY to pick them up.

When the order came in there were nearly 100 Kuhli Loach. They were rare back then and to get that many was quite a coup. I floated them (this was also pre-breather bag) in two separate tanks. Before I could release them, the assistant manager took those Kuhli and put two or three in each of our 50 tanks! The other three employees and I tried to tell him it wouldn't work but he insisted it looked better to have a few in each tank for "variety" and "display."

Well, you know where they went....right down into the undergravel filters. And you know who had to catch them when a customer wanted one? Not me. :) The manager was so pissed she made the FAM catch them....especially since she had given him an outline on fish and one was the Kuhli went all in one tank if fewer than 50 and in two tanks if more. AND they went in the tanks with the little guards on top of the output tube.

He must not have even cracked that outline because he also put the Neons in with the Jack Dempsey and lthe arge Angel tanks (slurp, slurp) and the Fancy Guppies in with the Tiger Barbs which turned them into Plakat Guppies.

But the Kuhli loach fiasco was the best. :)

501 - 509 of 509 Posts