Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my red rainbows has something on his nose looks like blisters or boils he is also losing weight here is a picture put it looks like white stuff on his nose when actually its more blisterly looking he didn't eat tonight either does anyone know whats going on there has been no new fish introduced I do have another rainbow in the aquarium with lymphocytis so I have been doing an extra water change every week water paremeters are good

Nature Vegetation Green Aquarium Aquatic plant

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well he died the next morning he was gone I think the white was mouth fungus a secondary infection to was was really going on I treated everyone for internal parasites which is another story

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of my red rainbows has something on his nose looks like blisters or boils he is also losing weight here is a picture put it looks like white stuff on his nose when actually its more blisterly looking he didn't eat tonight either does anyone know whats going on there has been no new fish introduced I do have another rainbow in the aquarium with lymphocytis so I have been doing an extra water change every week water paremeters are good

View attachment 81697
Sorry to hear this Boxer.... rainbows are prone to mouth fungus infections and it is something to watch out for.... HOWEVER.... persist with rainbows and remember that malachite green is your best friend in this sort of situation!... Topical application is best as well as treating the whole tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.